Re: New to Prima

From: Marco Masetti <marco.masetti_at_softeco.it>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:34:28 +0100
To: Mark Siner <msiner_at_gmail.com>

Hi Mark,

some notes from a Prima user (hope not to start 'Yer Another Gui Flame').

I made the same question myself almost a couple of years ago,
among WxPerl, Perl-Tk and Prima I choosed the last one. Perl-Tk is
(obviously) tightly coupled with Tk
and I don't like that much the Tk philosophy, while Prima has a superior
OO design.
If you have to build quite a simple GUI you can go for a Tk
'try-and-error' technique, but having a
big task to cope with I better like to sit down and layer everything on
a nice class diagram and the Prima
toolkit is much linear and intuitive once you have a little knowledge of
its abstractions.

Morover the Visual Builder is very powerfull. There is also something
similar for Tk, but doesn't come with Tk
itself.

Last but not least, I used to develop on an Unix/Linux environment and I
didn't have any problems running Prima
applications under Windows (using either PxPerl or Vanillla/StrawberryPerl).

Bye,
Marco.

--
Ing. Marco Masetti